Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Entertain Me

My mother-in-law has some crazy nice and crazy rich friends in Houston that throw an amazing Christmas party. She has been to every party with video camera in tow to document the event. It continues to get bigger and bigger every year and this year I think Mark & Becky have out done themselves. This year the entertainer is wait for it Miley Cyrus. Seriously people Miley Cyrus! **I would like to note that every time I type Miley Cyrus I'm saying Hannah Botana in my head cuz that is what Ollie calls her** She is coming to their house for their Christmas party...she is performing in their backyard. How crazy is that and by the way I'm super excited.
When I heard her song See You Again I thought to self I wonder who this is and I think I like it. When I found out it was Hannah Botana I was surprised. I'd never watched her show and only knew of her dad. Sister is a secret fan and has confessed her love for Miley which was a good thing and I felt more comfortable and relaxed to know another adult liked her.
I just read/watched Twilight and now I'm admitting to liking Hannah Botana...I think I will have to post my more serious thoughts that I've only emailed to best friend Melissa.

Here is an article about the party. Did I mention I'm so so excited. I'm not a true fan but I do like her and anticipate an entertaining show. I've been listening to her songs because I'm afraid some tween is going to take me down at the concert for not singing every word along with them. Y'all know I'll try to get as close to the front as possible dragging my child with me. I watched the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both World Concert Tour this summer I know how serious these girls are and I am scared.

If you aren't familiar here she is folks.

3 comments:

The Pereira Family said...

In the spirit of being 13 years old, my response to this is OMG! Have fun! Like seriously.

Summers said...

Strange and small world...I went to the Lanier Christmas bash umm what, like 8 years ago, when we were still in college @ SFA. OUR Guest that year was Diana Ross. Yep, I have pictures of my niece singing Aint No Mountain High Enough with Diana freakin Ross. It was pretty amazing...but Miss Cyrus (THE biggest thing right now).....I agree with Kristi, OMG and have a BLAST! It is a super cool event. OH..and the connection was that my aunt was Mark's kids private teacher/tutor for a while and we got to go with her. : ) ps...what did you think of Twilight?

mac's thoughts said...

Right...whatever...liar. until I see a pic it ain't real.. That aint real!