Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Otto is 2

I had a few ideas for a birthday party for Otto but I just couldn't settle on any of them. I was trying to decide what he would like best and all I could think of was ho's (at the house of jansen donut holes are just called ho's). So I decided to have a Donut Party...unofficially the Ho's & Milk party. We cleared out all the living furniture and replaced it with slides and other outdoor toys. Kid parties are chaos so we just orchestrated the chaos.
I think the kiddos had fun, everyone likes donuts, right? We had mimosas and bloody mary's for the adults to ease the stress of birthday party chaos...everyone likes to drink on Saturday mornings, right?













Otto is 2! We are so proud of our middle child, he brings so much joy and life to our family. Each kid has their own personality and he definitely has his own thing going on. I love spending my day with this kid and watching him grow and learn. His favorite movie is Cars and he loves to play with thomas the train, geotrax and cars (from the Cars movie). He is also full of surprises, not too long ago he was refusing to take a nap, so to distract Gigi he said I count and proceeded to count to 13...I've never heard him count past 3. At 2 years old he can count to 13, say his ABC's, sing Twinkle Twinkle, play hard with his brothers and attempt to do and say everything Ollie's does. I'm looking forward to all the wonderful surprises Otto has ahead.

4 comments:

Wendy McWhorter said...

I can't believe he's two! I swear we were just at his first b-day! I want to meet August. (I had to stop with the exclamation marks, but you can go ahead and emphasize that last sentence as well) We miss you all. (again, with emphasis) I have a blog now. There is a link on my sister-n-laws site!!! (what the hell)

Wendy McWhorter said...

You do realize that my mother-n-law is one of 5 readers of my blog- let's keep it clean. I don't swim in your toilet so don't piss on my blog! We would love to see y'all labor day weekend.

CAL said...

Oh, your boys are soooooooo adorable. I can't believe Otto is 2. Seriously, I need to see you so i can meet your two youngest. I can just see from pics that you are just the most wonderfula and joyful mother!!
Thanks for leaving a message on our blog...it was so good to hear from you my friend. love to you and hopes in seeing you 5 very soon.

Beth said...

I seriously can't believe he is two!!!