Friday, November 30, 2007

Am I Crazy

I can NOT bring myself to leave my baby with a sitter. My parents always babysat Ollie and when we moved to Texarkana Ollie was almost 2 and we found a great babysitter, Brooke. Unfortunately, she left for college this fall and we haven't found local babysitter. I'm more than willing to leave my baby with my parents anytime. I even left 7 week old Otto and Ollie with my parents while Jeremy & I took a weekend trip.
Last night our sweet neighbors, Cassy & Fred, wanted to go watch the Cowboys at a bar...sounds like fun right. Cassy's sister was willing and available to babysit but the idea of going out without Otto made me cry. I spend ALL day in this house with 2 small children you'd think I'd jump on the chance to spend a night with adults and adult drinks! I continue to pass on opportunities to wear real clothes, engage in adult conversation and use words other than yummy, stinky, and various cooing sounds.
I'm making some effort to find a sitter though. I called my friend Kristen to see if she'd pass along a babysitter. We've got boys the same age and b/c of her husband's job they spend football season in NY...I wouldn't feel as bad stealing her babysitter considering she is gone half the year.
Wish me luck...we've got a work Christmas party in 2 weeks and I plan to leave the boys with a sitter that night. Can I do this without crying?!

3 comments:

Haddixfamily said...

Oh how I wish we could help! Your pics are great. Someone will come along that you will feel good about. I am glad that you are enjoying your days at home with your babies!

One of them Youngs... said...

You can do it! It gets easier with time. Usually Austen tells me that "I think it's time you and Daddy go on a date" and he proceeds to list the people he would like to have babysit him.

Summers said...

We are in the same boat. New to Corpus and I cannot seem to leave her with anyone other than family. I think I am worse though...because she is already a year and half! Oh well...I guess there is a first time for everything. Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!