Thursday, January 10, 2008

Crazy Craving

It is possible that I haven't been getting enough fat in my diet. Those who know me well will find this hard to believe. But I have been really trying to lose weight since October, and it starting to pay-off. Believe it or not, I am down 23 lbs. The morning of 10/13 I weighed in at an embarrassing 263. It really is humiliating to write that. I am down to 240 with an end goal of 193. As a side note, my college roommate Dave Sartain (affectionately known as "Swole" to those in the loop) has just gone from 285 to 199. Pretty impressive.

All that to say, one of my main focuses is calorie restriction. Most days I log everything I eat on http://www.thedailyplate.com/ and I highly recommend this to anyone on a quest to shed a few. Something strange happened to me on Tuesday though. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from the office to pick something up for Candice and from the moment I walked in the door, all I wanted was cheese. Not just any cheese; I wanted expensive, full-fat, gourmet cheese. Mind you, I have never purchased gourmet cheese in my life. I headed straight to the deli and was confronted with a shockingly enormous amount of options. Texarkana, TX is definitely not the place that you would expect to find brie or roquefort (sp?), but it was all there. I knew I wanted something creamy that I could spread on my "everything" bagel crisps, and here is what I ended up with.

(fancy photshop montage)


Kaukauna Pepper Jack Cheese Ball, Alouette Elegante Spreadable Gourmet Cheese with Olive and Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade (sounds fancy eh?) and Denmark's Finest Creamy Havarti with Dill...it was all good...very good.

--JJ

4 comments:

Unknown said...

if you were a girl...i would definitely say you were preggers...
maybe you're just turning into a gourmet?
(or have you been watching ratatouille?)

congrats on the weight loss and goal to get in shape!
i need to jump on that bandwagon.

Jenny Deitz said...

I think my favorite part of that post was the photoshop montage - it makes me laugh... out loud... but I'm not lame enough to put lol...
-Jenny

G said...

You were craving Calcium.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

omg - Kaukauna is the best!!!!