Friday, January 25, 2008

woweeweewa



Ok...I cancelled my appointments today...pretty much over my stomach condition, but still not quite myself...it's icing up outside, and I-30 will probably be a circus...i'm moving my office next week (nightmare)...leaving for scottsdale for a work trip on sunday (don't feel sorry for me, it's a golfing trip in a town basically known as golfing mecca, and the hotel we are staying at happens to also be hosting the afc champion new england patriots for the week as the superbowl happens to be in the same town, so i'll be hanging with tom brady and mike vrabel )...i'm trying to get my tax info tidied up before i leave town...not that any of those are excuses, but all of that added up to me needing to be in the office.


all that to say, i have my door shut, my headphones in, and my itunes a-shufflin'...a radiohead track just came up that i hadn't listened to in a long time (rediscovering songs you forgot about is one of the best things about setting itunes to shuffle)...so i changed the itunes mode to play continously, and i have been so very enjoying "ok computer"...this is one of the best albums ever made...seriously...if you like any sort of indie-rock/adult alternative/brit-pop, you can thank the beatles...then very quickly turn your gratitude toward these musical giants...thom yorke's voice is...well...it's good...really good...just wow...and i forgot...shame on me

very serious


--JJ

5 comments:

Sir Kyle said...

I also love this album to an almost unhealthy extent. One of my all time favorites. For a different take on this album, there is a group called "Easy All-Stars" that does a reggae version of OK Computer. Worth checking it out.

I also freaking LOVE my iPod and would never go anywhere without it. Have fun in Scottsdale, you punk.

(And yes, that is jealousy rearing it's ugly head.)

Sir Kyle said...

BTW, thanks for adding my blog to your sidebar. I'm glad you liked it. But I think the link is not working. You may want to check it, I think it has two "http"'s at the beginning of the address.

Man, I am such a comment whore...

Jenny Deitz said...

OK - happen to look today and laughed at the OK Computer comments... their new stuff has been pretty interesting too. Brandon got a new album online when you could pay "whatever" for. It's good... first time I heard Thom Yorke drop an f-bomb, though.

We're just now getting into iTunes, but love Napster's feature where you click on the artist you like and it creates a playlist from similar artists - all the sudden you're like, "Man, I DO like this song... how'd it know??"

Take care one and all Jansens...

-Deitz's

Jenny Deitz said...

rethought that radiohead comment ... I guess I'm used to the edited version of Creep...

G said...

And why aren't you listening to the edited version????
MOM