Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ollie is 3

just three years ago i was having panic attacks in the hospital b/c i knew very soon they'd be seding me home with a baby to be responsible for. my mom reminded me of that this weekend. it was not so funny at the time but so funny now.

i had no idea oliver mccall jansen would be so amazing and my best buddy. i've had the best time being ollie's mom and enjoy watching him learn and grow.

this week we celebrated ollie. thursday we had a chuck-e-cheese party with a few other 3 year old kids. saturday aunt ambo, gigi, paw and our neighborhood friends came over for a lil birthday party.

in action blowing out the candles.


grrr...he got this lion costume from our neighbors

3 years old and riding a bike like a big boy

he goes to preschool and wears a backpack


OLLIE IS:

  • clever

  • courageous (we've seen the emergency room occasionally in his 3 short years of life)

  • adventurous (hence the er visits)

  • exciting

  • witty

  • funny (he like to make up knock knock jokes...like our friend, jackson smith)

  • encouraging (he is always quick to praise his dad for a good swing of the golf club)

  • atheletic (the kid is a golfer he's got his golf clubs and practices daily)

  • kind hearted

  • loved

my sweet mother-in-law has a prayer and verse for each of her grandchildren. this is the prayer she prayed for ollie from day 1.

"may you always be healthy, happy, holy, wise, kind and capable."

"he is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields it's fruit in due season and whose leaf does not wither. whatever he does prospers."
psalm 1:3


--cj

6 comments:

Stephenandstar said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Happy B-Day, Ollie!

Jenny Deitz said...

very sweet... warms my heart... still don't want kids yet, but warms my heart and makes me smile all the while... too bad he doesn't know us better - we'd be his favorites and would've partied like rockstars at Chuck E. Cheese. Congrats Jansens & especially little Ollie:)

Summers said...

that made me tear up! Such a sweet boy. I LOVE the picture of him with his backpack, you can see his sweet little heart in his smile. That is AWESOME about the prayer and verse! Sweet family, makes my heart smile for you!

One of them Youngs... said...

I love Ollie :)

G said...

What a great post from the awesome mom of my amazing 3 year old and precious 5 month old grandsons.

Happy Birthday again, Ollie.

Love and Blessings to you all,
Mimi

Haddixfamily said...

so proud of him! I am glad he made his mind up. i told you it would happen when he was ready. happy birthday little man!!