Friday, February 22, 2008

NeNe Update


Thanks for your prayers people. NeNe is doing great and recovering at home. She only spent a few days in the hosital...I'm very delayed on the update.

I love my NeNe...isn't she a cutie?! She is one stylish and hip grandma. I also think its cute that she has an iPod. Last summer she floated the Guadalupe River with her grandchildren (or was it the Comal, Leah). I was not one of the grandchildren floating the river, I was 7 months pregnant and not up for an adventure.

I must admit I've not taken advantage of learning from her. She cooks great food from scratch...Jeremy is always impressed with her. She paints, does all the needle arts and crafts, sews & quilts. I love her quilts the most. They are handmade and even hand stitched (some machine stitched). Everyone in the family gets a quilt. Babies always get a baby quilt. I got a quilt in high-school made out old denim she even used jeans that were once worn by my dad. After I graduated college I was given a quilt and again as a wedding gift. NeNe has stacks and stacks and stacks of quilts she's made just sitting her house. Over the years, we've talked about them, admired them and on occasion laid them out on the floor to get a better look. Last Christmas, after all the presents were opened, she let everyone pick out a quilt. It was quite a surprise, there were more quilts than people and choosing the right one was a task. Talk about hard decisions, each special in their own way and all special because she made them.

Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to the cool lady I call NeNe.

3 comments:

One of them Youngs... said...

Did Nene help your mom make the quilt that I got when I got married? I love that quilt..still use it all the flippin time.

Summers said...

Can I just say, that I want to be your NeNe one day. I have tried to learn how to quilt when I have spare time and it never seems to get finished ( the project ) So....your Nene has spured me on to not lose the dream. That rocks!!

Jansen said...

Seriously, I'm the only one who doesn't quilt...what is wrong with me? My sister made a quilt her senior year of high school. My mom made your quilt and Sarah's quilt. I just picked out the fabric and style.
AND thanks Jodi, you are also one artistic lady.