Thursday, April 24, 2008

Funny, Heartbreaking & Sweet

I saw this movie last fall with Jeremy & my sister and I recommended it to serveral friends after watching it. I was thinking it could've been one my favorite movies of '07 so I rewatched this weekend.

I realize a lot of good movies came out last year and I didn't see any of the "big ones" (atonement, there will be blood, no country, etc.) I did see Juno. Being a huge Arrested Development fan I was so happy to see Michael Cera and Jason Bateman together again. Any Arrested Development fans out there?

Lars and the Real Girl is funny, sweet and heartbreaking...I hope you like it too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1XxILVnt1w

5 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

We never saw this. We'll have to rent it for our "Friday Night Movie Pick". Hope y'all have a great weekend! :o)

Summers said...

Arrested Development was the funniest show, we loved it and were SO upset when they so foolishly canceled it. We mourned it for a while. Uh...they were all great characters...I can't even come up with a favorite. The Bluth family rocks.

Sir Kyle said...

"I've made a huge mistake."

One of the best shows in the last 10 years. Easily. I seriously was beyond upset when FOX canceled it. But they have a history of not giving shows a chance/or canceling them before their time (Firefly).

As for "Lars and the Real Girl", I wanted to see it when I first heard about it. Sounded interesting. Haven't seen "Juno" yet, nor "There Will Be Blood" or "Atonement". Did see and enjoy the heck out of "No Country.." I was telling Meg just the other day the amount of movies we see has decreased since we got married (though we did see "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and thought it was really funny, in a "The 40 Year-Old Virgin/Knocked Up/ Superbad" kinda way).

Sir Kyle said...

Slight edit: I meant to say "after we had kids" not "married" as to why our movie watching decreased. Carry on with life now.

Unknown said...

we are going to watch this tonight!
looks really funny~