Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Fashion Fiesta!

Last Friday was Spring Fashion Fiesta! Hosted by Big Mama.

I definitely have a daily "uniform" and a few favorite things. Its good to see other SAHM with "uniforms". Once a neighbor commented, "Oh, look you're wearing your favorite shirt again". Hmm...I guess people other than my husband have noticed I wear the same thing over and over.

If you were to stop by house unannounced or see me running errands I'm certain I'd be wearing something pictured below.


This is the uniform: I had to pull the shirt out of the dryer and remove the pants and shoes from my body to take this picture. Shirt and pants were purchased at American Apparel. I also have black yoga pants from Banana Republic I bought in 2002 and a couple from Target I will wear if the American Apparel pants are dirty.

This black shirt from America Apparel is a favorite and also worn weekly. I also have a black maternity shirt from Target I wear if this one is dirty. These are always paired with one of the above mentioned black pants. The hat is commonly thrown on if I'm going to see anyone and I don't have time to brush my hair :)

I'll throw on these Gap jeans and this pullover when I get Ollie from school or go to the grocery if I don't want to look like I've been lounging all day. I have dozens of different designer jeans (my sister worked at diesel while in college and i got 50% off clothes) but Gap is still a favorite. I wish I had the pullover in every color.

This is my favorite shirt! Its the American Apparel tri-blend deep v-neck . I have a couple of these shirts and I wear them everywhere. I add a scarf to shirt b/c it is a very deep v-neck.


Here is a cute sweater I got at American Apparel after I saw my sister wearing it. Noticing an American Apparel theme...I didn't realize so many things I wore came from this store. I wear this outfit if I'm dressing up for week night dinner at a restaurant ;)


My go to shoes: I love my Lucchese boots, chucks and Toms. The Toms are about to be retired as they are absolutely gross. I've had each of the flip flops for 5 + years.


I just got these skirts at, you guessed it, American Apparel. I'll wear any clean t-shirt with them.


Oh, and an all time fav are the victoria secret pjs. I have them in 3 different colors and they are so comfy. (the left leg is completely stretched out at the bottom...the original size should look more like the right)


Just thought I'd share my SAHM clothes. I do own some cute stuff and can "clean up nicely" for a date, drinks with friends, or church. Oh, and I have lots of high heels :)

--cj

9 comments:

The Pereira Family said...

yay for TOMS! I have the olive ones.

AMBO said...

so true and too cute. i approve.

however i think you should tell everyone how you got that hat.

you are welcome.

-your awesomely loving and sharing sister,
amber

Jansen said...

i got the cute houndstooth hat from my awesomely loving and sharing sister, amber.

amber got the hat oh back in 2003. then, in 2005 she kindly let me steal it away from her and i've been wearing on a regular basis since.

here is a shout out to my sista for being fly and so ahead of the fashion curve. (or just a hip young lady in austin)

Summers said...

Don't you love stealing things...? I have multiple items from my sister-in-law. Also, tag! you it! Check my blog to see what on earth I am talking about.

dreamingBIGdreams said...

love this.
i have a pair of old navy shorts that i have worn to death. they have a tear in one leg that is slowly but surely inching up my thigh, but i will wear them until the rip is no longer under control!

Shannon Morrison said...

thanks for the bigmama link. you are definitey hip-er than I. as i was reading your blog entry, Audrey walked by and said, "Ohhh I like those Chuck Taylors."

Jansen said...

oh shannon, audrey is so cute....please give her a BIG hug from me.
the black reef flip flops on the left are the flip flops all the bridesmaids got from sarah's wedding. do you recognize them now?

LeahKStevenson said...

This is brilliant. In just six more weeks, I, too, will be a SAHM (for about 12 weeks anyway) and am looking forward to returning to a daily wardrobe that does not include lycra. :)

Beth said...

Being that I am only one week and two days into being a SAHM again, I have yet to get into my rythmn. However, as soon as I can get back into those loved jeans and some nonmaternity things, I too will enjoy the same ole' same ole. Love this post!