Monday, April 7, 2008

What Do You Love?

While eating lunch last week, Ollie told me his heart was in his stomach. I asked him if he had love in his heart and told him I had love in my heart. I was thinking I could talk about how I love Jesus. First, you must undestand talking about Jesus this Easter season was a little much for our 3 year old. Jesus dying on a cross, being buried and rising after 3 days was pretty mind blowing and to top it all off he now lives in heaven with God our Father. WOW. A few weeks before Easter Sunday he decided he did NOT like Jesus.
Somehow our conversation at the table didn't end up being about loving Jesus; however, it went a little more like this:

Me: what do you love buddy?

O: (quick response) watching movies

Me: what else?

O: tee teeing outside. (we live in the country and that is just what you do when your backyard is the woods)

Me: (i now realize he is so cute i think i'm gonna go with this and we'll talk about Jesus later)
really?! what else do you love?

O: playing golf with my daddy (enthusiastic response)

Me: awesome. what else buddy?

O: i love you watching me play golf (so sweet)

Me: oh me too. what else do you love ollie?

O: sleeping in baby otto's room with my friend, gigi (my mom)

Me: is there anything else you love?

O: i just love watching movies!


Most days (and definitely not everyday) I love staying at home with my boys and just being a mom. I love moments like these and glimpses of my child's heart and his world.

What do you love?

1 comment:

Summers said...

SO SWEET.
I love being Anna's mom. As we were outside swinging Anna on her swing that her J-paw made her, and she was smiling and just loving being outside on a beautiful day, we were talking about shoes. ( I don't know why...and she was saying Anna's shoes, and dada's shoes, and mama's shoes.) And I thought, I am a mom. I am Anna'a mom. Wow. That is awesome. That is what I love. That by God's grace, he has entrusted Stephen and I with her...and she is ours and we are hers. It rocks. That is something I love. Have a great week Candice, and BTW, I really enjoy reading your blog.